FAQs – White Calling App
The White Calling App is available for free for iOS from the App Store and Android from Google Play. To download, tap this link directly from your phone: www.whitecalling.com/dl
The app is currently available in the following countries:
If your App/Play Store account is not registered in one of these countries, the app is not currently available for download.
Once you have downloaded the app, follow the simple steps to activate your account and get your free credit (new customers only). We text you a verification code to complete your account activation.
One of the key benefits of the White Calling app over other apps is the ability to make calls in different ways. You can choose which Call Type is best for you – and change your Call Type, when needed (accessed from the Menu in the app).
Here’s a quick video walkthrough showing how to select your Call Type (or you can read on):
- Local Number Calling
- The app connects to a local access number. The call is then automatically routed to your international contact automatically
- Local Number calls are typically included in bundled minutes from a mobile network, so this option is ideal if you have inclusive minutes bundles. Please check with your mobile network operator
- These calls are very reliable and offer great call quality as it’s like making a normal call, so if you have inclusive minutes, we think you’ll love this option 😃
- Calling Over Wi-Fi or 3G/4G
- With this option, the app makes a call using the phones internet (data) connection
- This will depend on whether your phone is connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G at the time
- This option is useful if the you have no inclusive network minutes or have poor mobile network coverage
- Note: when making calls over 3G/4G (mobile data), network charges may apply
- Calling over Wi-Fi
- Here the app will only make calls over Wi-Fi
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you will not be able to place a call
- This option is best if you do not have inclusive minutes or a large mobile data allowance
- On PAYG? Use this setting to make big savings on local calls (as well as international), when connected to Wi-Fi ?
- It is also a great solution when you are are roaming, particularly outside of Europe
You can add credit directly from the app in a number of ways:
- Over the phone using credit/debit card
- Online using credit/debit card or PayPal
- By purchasing a White Calling Card or Voucher and loading this onto the app
All of these options are accessed from the Account Screen within the app, and selecting the ‘Add Credit’ option. Simply follow the steps to add credit using your preferred method.
Auto Top-up! – If you top-up online and store you payment details you can also set Auto top-up, ensuring you never run out of credit in the middle of a call. Simply select the ‘Make Life Easy’ option when you top-up, then set the threshold at which you want to top-up.
Please note: your auto top-up is done when you make a call once your balance is below your threshold.
The app gives you access to our lowest call rates. The best thing to do is to check rates directly from the app under the Call Rates section.
Many of our customers find our rates very low. We do however consider call quality and reliability to be important, so we always make sure of this, as well as giving you a great rate 😃
The White Calling app offers you the ability to transfer your White Calling credit to your friends and loved ones’ PAYG numbers around the world.
- Ensure that you have credit on your White Calling account
- Go to the contact in the app that you wish to transfer credit to
- Select the ‘International Mobile Transfer’ option
Select ‘Call to transfer’ and you will then call our automated line
Follow the instructions and choose the amount you wish to transfer from the options given.
The credit will then be converted to local currency and added to your loved ones PAYG balance.
- This service is for private, non-commercial and personal use only
- Once credit has been transferred to another PAYG user, it cannot be recovered. Please ensure that the number you are transferring to is correct before accepting the transaction. We cannot refund mistakes
- The full amount to be deducted from your White Calling app balance will be shown on the transaction SMS. There are no additional charges
- We reserve the right to change this offer and the conditions at any time.
- This service is currently only available to our UK customers
Simply select ‘Invite Friends’ from the menu in the top left of the app and follow the instructions or you can select the ‘Invite and Earn’ button for a particular contact.
Once anyone you’ve invited reaches £5 in top-ups, we will add £5 to your account – it’s that simple!
You will be notified by text within 24 hours when we add any bonus amounts to your account.
There is no limit to the number of people you can invite or the amount you can earn! 😃
Note: applies once, to new users. In the event an individual is invited by multiple people, the bonus amount will be allocated to the individual who’s invite was used when downloading the app.
We give new White Calling users some free credit to get them started, so they can see how reliable the service is.
If you’ve been a White Calling App user before – even if this was a long time ago – you won’t be given more free credit. Just top-up and get calling! 😃
No matter how we connect your calls, the app needs a data (internet) connection to quickly talk to our servers and retrieve your credit balance. If you don’t have a Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection, the app can’t do this and you get taken to this screen.
What should I do?
- Check your connection – sometimes it may look like you’re connected, when you’re not
- If you think you have a connection, try doing something like a new Google search
- If you have a connection but still can’t use the app, please contact Customer Services – you can chose the option that works best for you, directly from the Help & Support screen
If you hear this message, its is probably down to either:
- Changed SIM. If you put a different SIM in your phone, the app will not be able to connect your calls, without confirming your new number. To do this in the app: Menu > My Details > follow the “Change Mobile Number” process. Important: once you’ve done this, if you can’t see your balance, please contact Customer Services and they can quickly move your credit over
- You called the app local access number directly from your phone and not by setting up a call from the app. If your Call Type is set to Local Number, please ensure you go into the app to make a call each time
Are you making calls via our Local Access number? If so, do you have free/bundled minutes or are you on PAYG? If you don’t have minutes or a credit balance on your PAYG SIM, this message will be coming from your mobile network provider.
What should I do? You can either top-up your PAYG SIM or switch your Call Type and call over Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G. Just go to ‘Select Call Type’ from the app Menu.
“That’s not the reason. What else could it be?” Well, it may be that your credit has expired because you’ve not topped up in a long time. The app may still display your expired credit. If you top-up, your credit will be activated again.
If you are unsure, or have any questions, just get in touch with Customer Services who will be happy to help.
If you add credit to your account and it doesn’t show on the app, it might your app account is not linked somehow. If this happens, please contact Customer Services and they will assist you immediately. Please tell them your transaction reference number if possible.
ℹ Tip: always select ‘Add Credit’ from the Account screen in the app. Add your payment details (even if you’ve done this online before) once, and you’re ready to go next time. You can also do a Guest Checkout if you prefer.